LGIN Incubation Track applications are currently closed.
We’re in the process of selecting the teams for batch 1. The applicants will hear from us soon!
The next opportunity to apply will be in Autumn 2022. Keep an eye on our social media channels!
Game incubation in Helsinki
The Incubation Track is a structured program for early-stage game teams and companies. While LGIN is open for teams all over Finland, the Incubation Track is aimed at teams in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area.
The program and using the space and its equipment do not cost anything nor bind you in any way. All the work and rights to it stay within the developing team.
The program runs in 3-month phases. Together with the team, we set up a roadmap and development path. Then, we’ll follow up on the progress at three-month intervals, and decide on continuing your stay in the program. We wish to support you as long as we can, and want to leave space for trials, errors, pivots, and learning – but at the same time, you need to stay on track and make progress.
- Comfortable, modern shared office spaces with a kitchen, meeting rooms, and an event space at Helsinki XR Center.
- A community of game developers – both the inner circle of the Incubation Track and access to other LGIN events and meetups.
- Access to coaching and support.
- Monthly workshops, which are tailored to fit the needs of the Incubation Track teams.
LGIN is operated by Turbiini, Metropolia UAS campus incubator.
Who is the Incubation Track for?
The Incubation Track is meant for early-stage first-time game company founders and founders-to-be in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area.
Maybe you’re a student or a recent graduate with a killer idea for a company. Or a group of friends who have been building a game for a while now, and dream about setting up their own company. Or maybe you’re running a small company already, but could use some extra help to get it off the ground. Whatever your situation, we’re here to help you.
You can work or study elsewhere while in the incubation program, but we do expect you to participate in daytime meetings once in a while.
We look for:
- From idea stage to 1-year-old companies.
- From one founder to a bigger, more established team.
- The skills and knowledge to build a game – no need to know it all or have a full team, but you need to know the basics.
- A clear idea and a desire to develop it further.
- Genuine interest to set up a company and devotion to making it work.
- Willingness to learn from others and help others learn from you.
- Need for support.
Questions to ask?